Provide First Aid (2 days)
Code: HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
This course provides the participant with the knowledge and skill to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring first aid. The course is designed for individuals or organisations according to workplace or community first aid policy and procedures.
- Principles of First Aid including legal issues
- Infectious Diseases and Hygiene
- Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Management of the Conscious and Unconscious casualties
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – Pocket mask accreditation
- AED - Defibrillation
- Airway Management
- Shock recognition and treatment
- Burn types and treatment
- Fractures and Soft Tissue Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Eye and Ear Injuries
- Chest, Pelvic and Spinal Injuries
- Diabetes, Epilepsy, Stroke, Asthma, Anaphylaxis
- Heart conditions
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
3 years, CPR component recommended annually
Competency based and a formal practical assessment.
First Aid Manual, student workbook, spacer and primary survey poster on completion a Nationally accredited statement of attainment
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).